Grown, cold-pressed and bottled in Wales, Blodyn Aur extra virgin rapeseed oil is a truly Welsh product. A trio of farmers from the village of Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr near Corwen spotted the gap for the oil – Llyr Jones, Bryn Jones and Medwyn Roberts. With a high smoking point and a light nutty buttery taste, you can roast, fry or bake with the oil, as well as making your own marinades and dressings. Its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and low saturated fat content makes it also one of the healthiest.
Blodyn Aur (translated to 'Golden Flower') is the only Welsh Rapeseed Oil - Welsh grown, Welsh pressed and Welsh bottled! Launched in April 2010, Blodyn Aur is run by farmers and friends Llyr Jones, Bryn Jones and Medwyn Roberts. Together they have set-up a modern oil pressing facility on Llyr’s farm near the village of Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr near Corwen in north Wales.
Blodyn Aur benefits include:
- Cold-pressed to protect and enhance the oil’s goodness and quality.
- Rich in omega-3, vitamin E and with less than half the saturated fat of olive oil.
- Pleasant aroma with a light nutty taste with no greasy aftertaste.
- High smoking point makes it ideal for roasting, baking, pan-frying and stir-frying.
- Good viscosity for cold dishes such as dressings and dips.
Sold in volumes of 100ml.